Re: newbie install questions

On Mon, Jul 24, 2000 at 12:32:45AM -0700, Dale Morris wrote:

> Thanks Art. One other question just came to mind, my cable connection
> is dhcp. Does the install differentiate between dynamic and static
> connections? I might just have to get a static ip address..

The Potato installer differentiates between static and dynamic
connections, but it supports both.  The slink installer doesn't know
anything about DHCP, though you can normally get around this by getting
an IP allocated in Windows and then claiming this is your static IP for
the purposes of the installer.

            http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~broonie/