Re: What to use as an MTA

On Sun, Jul 09, 2000 at 07:52:19PM +0200, Viktor Rosenfeld wrote:

> The other problem I have with eximconfig is that it will only deliver 10
> mails at a time and then pause for a (unknown) delay.  This occurs when
> fetchmail gets mail from my ISP and passes it on to exim.  Again, not a
> big issue, and I haven't even tried to fix it.

Both the message limit and, IIRC, timeout, are configurable through
Exim.  Exim has a pretty good set of docs, you should go through them.

I believe my own message transmit is set to a low C value -- 100
messages at a time.  Useful on a dialup connection prone to droppage,
with several busy mailing lists.

The default timeout is 30 minutes.

Queue value:  smtp_accept_queue_per_connection

Exim's batched execution is governed by /etc/cron.d/exim, which is set
at 30 minutes by default.