Re: PPP help (bit 7 set to 0)

gochenour wrote;
> Hello,
> I did use pppconfig to configure the scripts.
> I've used PAP and chat. I can get chat through the login process (ogin: and
> ssword:)
> but then it establishes a connection and sends LCP ConfReq and does not get
> a reply and then I get LCP: timeout.

Some ISPs require the user to start PPP after login.  You need to send the
string "PPP" at the end of your chatscript.  Like this;

# This is the chat script used to dial out to your default service provider.
# Please customize the entries enclosed in parenthesis to match your setup.
# Only the "provider" file will be handled by poff and pon (unless with
# extra command line arguments).
#
# Remember to edit /etc/ppp/peers/provider accordingly.
#
ABORT        BUSY
ABORT        "NO CARRIER"
ABORT        VOICE
ABORT	     "NO DIALTONE"
""           ATDT<edit phone number here>
ogin         <put login name here>
word         \q<put password here>
""           PPP

I've never had to use this, but I remember something similar from the
ISP-Hookup-HOWTO.

--
ptw
miscelaneous endeavors