Re: Using gnuserv (Re: bigots - was Emacs - was Mail/news software)

On Mon, May 29, 2000 at 10:58:08PM -0400, john s jacobs anderson wrote:
> Okay, that could work -- but I'm too forgetful to remember if there's
> already an XEmacs process running -- anybody have a shell script that
> will execute the following pseudocode?
>
>         if there's an XEmacs process running
>                 `gnuclient -q $1`
>         else
>                 `xemacs -nw $1`
>
> Hmm -- I guess all I really need is the flag to test for a running
> process by name -- any help?

People always get lots of responses from queries like this, but this
seems like the obvious way to do it:

pidof xemacs && gnuclient -q $1 || xemacs -nw $1

Cheers,
Chris

--
pick, pack, pock, puck: like drops of water in a fountain falling
softly in the brimming bowl.