Re: Emacs - was Re: Mail/news software

Brian May <bam@debian.org> wrote regarding Re: Emacs - was Re: Mail/news
software:

>     Richard>  Win hasn't required an autoexec.bat since '95.  -- My
>     Richard> other computer's running Debian. {www.debian.org}

> I think you need it in order to setup the environment (compilers
> seem to require this) and/or load doskey.

 That's dos and specific software not windows. You can
 do that all with batchfiles anyway.{Strange you've got
 to use it for the first install on a CD, much decent
 software, etc...} I imagine that if you run only win
 '95 {Ms} specific software that you can actually get
 away with it.

 At any rate... this is a Debian list. :}
 --
 My other computer's running Debian. {www.debian.org}