Initial debian problems

Hi all!

I have a few questions. Firstly, how do I control the starting of services at boot? Eg. which services installed should be started and which shouldn't. Do I need to remove some links from the appropriate runlevel-dirs or is there a better way of doing that? I remember in suse, there was a general system-wide config-file called rc.local where I could just switch some flags to "NO".

Secondly, how do I set the system-wide default keyboard map under debian? I saw that when booting, the map file loaded is /etc/kbd/default.map.gz. At first, I added a line containing the command "loadkeys" at the end of /etc/profile, but I think that's not too elegant, so what's the proper way of doing that?

My last problem concerns dual-booting w/z lilo. I have dumped my current lilo.conf below. This setup causes me to reboot when I choose "win" at the lilo prompt. Any suggestions? My hw-setup is: hda is 20g primary master hd, where debian resides. hdb contains a single win-fat32 partition.

*** lilo.conf ***

boot=/dev/hda3
root=/dev/hda3
install=/boot/boot.b