bug!!!!

potential bug . Iam working on a windows m/a and am
using the linux server by telneting but to my surprise the  /etc/utmp and
the ps -el cribs .  my windows 95 m/c crashed and   to my surprise  I found
that the ps -el
   still shows the sh  ( which corresponded to the tty
line I opened earlier before the crash).  the tty line
still exists and  the utmp entry shows that the process
  isn't dead and is assosciated with the tty  .
Iam sure such a situation won't happen for a dumb terminal in a unix network
since there is no question of a crash and the only max limit is to switch
the terminal on and off , in such a situation the getty will be respawned
and the older tty line is lost and a fresh on eis restarted.