Leafnode problem

After trying and failing to use INN, I removed it using dpkg and installed
leafnode.  I had to use fetch -f but after that it seemed to work fine when I
manually kicked it.  But when I added it to my cron.daily job ( su news -c
"/usr/sbin/fetch" ) I get: shell-init: could not get current directory: getcwd: cannot access parent directories
I assume it's a permission thing, possibly leftover from INN but I don't know
what they should be. Strangely, if I, as root, execute the cron job, it
seems to work fine. I use slink
Can anybody help please?
 --

	Regards from Chris