Re: problems w/Recent Upgrade to October GNOME

* "John" == John Foster <jfoster@augustmail.com> wrote:

John> Depends: mc-common (= 4.5.40-2.slink.0), libc6, libglib1.2 (>= 1.2.0),
John> slang1 (<< 1.3), slang1 (>> 1.2.2-0)

John> This has me really perplexed. I can find no reason why the mouse
John> is not working.

It does not depend on libgpmg1. Whoever recompiled it (check the last
entry in the changelog) did not have libgpmg1-dev installed.

Also libextfs2 is missing (ext2 undelete).

I don't have a slink system at hand to recompile it.

I would mail this person and make him aware of it. Maybe he can
recompile it with mouse support. It is not so much his
fault. autoconf'ed apps will build fine, even if some features are not
available. build-dependancies will solve this, but they are new, and I
didn't have time to play with them so far.

Ciao,
        artin