Re: problems w/Recent Upgrade to October GNOME

* "John" == John Foster <jfoster@augustmail.com> wrote:

John> 1. It uninstalled my console version of Midnight Commander. I
John> reinstalled it again using apt and now my mouse will not work in
John> mc.

Does dpkg -s mc show a dependancy on libgpm* ?

John> 2. The taskbar in icewm-gnome (my personal choice) is gone! I
John> reran iceconfig to no avail.

I don't use it, but maybe it is disabled in the config file, if you
run icewm-gnome instead of icewm? Gnome has its own task thingy
panal-applet, so maybe the icewm one was disabled, as it duplicates
functionality of the gnome panel?

Ciao,
        Martin