Re: problems w/Recent Upgrade to October GNOME

Martin Bialasinski wrote:

> * "John" == John Foster <jfoster@augustmail.com> wrote:
>
> John> Depends: mc-common (= 4.5.40-2.slink.0), libc6, libglib1.2 (>= 1.2.0),
> John> slang1 (<< 1.3), slang1 (>> 1.2.2-0)
>
> John> This has me really perplexed. I can find no reason why the mouse
> John> is not working.
>
> It does not depend on libgpmg1. Whoever recompiled it (check the last
> entry in the changelog) did not have libgpmg1-dev installed.
>
> Also libextfs2 is missing (ext2 undelete).
>
> I don't have a slink system at hand to recompile it.
>
> I would mail this person and make him aware of it. Maybe he can
> recompile it with mouse support. It is not so much his
> fault. autoconf'ed apps will build fine, even if some features are not
> available. build-dependancies will solve this, but they are new, and I
> didn't have time to play with them so far.
>
> Ciao,
>         artin
Since I have all of these installed-- then I can recompile mc from the
source code and it should be OK--is that correct??
--
AdVance-Computing Systems

We sell fine quality servers and workstations.
We specialize in multiprocessor units.
We install Debian Linux at no extra charge!

John Foster
jfoster@augustmail.com
ICQ# 19460173