Re: problems w/Recent Upgrade to October GNOME

Martin Bialasinski wrote:

> Does dpkg -s mc show a dependancy on libgpm* ?
output from dpkg -s mc:

Section: utils
Installed-Size: 667
Maintainer: Michael Bramer & Martin Bialasinski
<mc-debian@internet-treff.uni-koeln.de>
Version: 4.5.40-2.slink.0
Depends: mc-common (= 4.5.40-2.slink.0), libc6, libglib1.2 (>= 1.2.0),
slang1 (<< 1.3), slang1 (>> 1.2.2-0)
Suggests: gpm, rpm
Conffiles:
 /etc/mc/mc.ext a2258b22e25d6e3f50a71d2eea885e9d
version Midnight Commander is a feature-rich file manager. It has mouse
support in a linux console and in an xterm. It started as a Norton
Commander clone but now it is far superior to it. Among other things it
can do FTP, includes a hexeditor, comes with an internal editor which
can be invoked separately as 'mcedit' and lets you do most system
administration tasks. Browsing, unpacking and installation of Debian
packages is possible by just pressing enter on a *.deb file. Handling of
other archive formats like rpm, zip, zoo and tar.gz is equally
supported. This version comes with undelete for ext2 filesystems
compiled in.
This has me really perplexed. I can find no reason why the mouse is not
working. I only use it in mc, not in any other console programs.
It works fine elsewhere.
Thanks guys!
--
AdVance-Computing Systems

We sell fine quality servers and workstations.
We specialize in multiprocessor units.
We install Debian Linux at no extra charge!

John Foster
jfoster@augustmail.com
ICQ# 19460173