Re: SB PCI 128

Kent West wrote:

> So basically I just live without sound (which only hurts when I'm showing someone the
> neat aspects of Linux, and then can't play a sound file).

What happens if you 'cat' a wav file to /dev/dsp  ?

I've run out of ideas now. I used to run Maelstrom
on a 75 MHz Redhat 4.1 system successfully. Now the
same version of Maelstrom gives broken up sound on
my new 500 MHz slink system. The sound was broken
up on slink on the 75MHz system too with a MAD16
sound card. Some applications fail like Maelstrom
but others work properly and yet Maelstrom used to
work. There is something dodgy about the mixer in
slink IMHO.

Ian Stirling