Re: sound blaster live

Hi !

You might compile the emu10k1 drivers with newer kernels
than 2.2.13, but you have to replace some includes in
/usr/include/linux with the header files in ./include/linux
of your kernel-source-package. (I don'T know, if the debian
kernel tools do this automatically, because I've not used
kpkg. I will try this the next time ...)
After doing this, just follow the instructions of the emu10k1
driver.
I'm using the soundblaster live with kernel 2.3.28 and debian
potato without problems.
But make a backup of /usr/linux/include !

ciao
     Ralf

Links:    http://www.euronet.nl/~mailme/
          http://opensource.creative.com/