Re: SB PCI 128

Jon Hughes wrote:

> has anyone managed to get a SB PCI 128 to work?  any
> help would be appreciated, thanks

PCI 128 cards come in various types. I used a Gateway
OEM version which has an es1373 on it. The es1371
driver works. You might have to use the es1370 driver
depending on what's on your card.

For the es1371 driver, add the following lines to
/etc/conf.modules

alias char-major-14 es1371
alias sound es1371

That's all I had to do on my slink system.

I sent my Gateway OEM card back though because it was
incompatible with Creative's Windows applications!
( had a bit of a dispute with them but it worked out
in my favour ).  I replaced it with a retail version
of the SB Live Platinum.

Ian