Re: Slink, Redhat, Windows boot from lilo?

On Sun, Dec 05, 1999 at 06:25:35PM -0600, ktb wrote:

> Ok I already changed the mbr back to windows default and reran lilo from
> Slink and now I boot directly into Slink on startup.  I'm not entirely
> sure what your getting at here but I've reversed this and did,
>  "mkdir /mnt/redhat;  mount -t ext2 /dev/hdb1 /mnt/redhat"
> After cding to /mnt/redhat I found directory /boot and inside is
> "vmlinux-2.2.5-15."  So if I get you correctly you are saying to put the
> following in my lilo.conf,
>
> image=/mnt/redhat/boot/vmlinuz-2.2.5-15
>      lable=redhat
>      root=/dev/hdb1

Yes, that should work too.

> Now to make this all work after running lilo do I have to put something
> like the following line in my /etc/fstab?
>
> /dev/hdb1  /mnt/redhat ext2   defaults,errors=remount-ro 0 1

If you don't, then you just have to make sure that you mount it before
you run lilo again. This would probably be useful though, so you could
access any files from the redhat partition when in slink.

--
  finger for GPG public key.
  29 Nov 1999 - new email address added to gpg key