Re: Slink, Redhat, Windows boot from lilo?

On Sun, Dec 05, 1999 at 11:46:46AM -0600, ktb wrote:
> I've looked through the archives, lilo documentation and howtos.  I'm
> either not understanding this or am not seeing what I need.  I have
> windows 95 on hda.  Slink and Redhat 6.0 are on hdb.  Slink's bootable
> root partition is on hdb3 and Redhat's is on hdb1.  I have lilo
> installed now through Redhat.  The condensed lilo.conf is:
>
> image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.2.5-15
>     lable=redhat
>     root=/dev/hdb1
>
> other=/dev/hda1
>     lable=95
>     table=/dev/hda
>
> image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.2.5-15
>     lable=slink
>     root=/dev/hdb3
>
> As it is I can boot to all three os's but the kernel I have compiled for
> Slink is 2.0.36.  When I boot from lilo into Slink at this point it
> doesn't boot my custom kernel, which is not surprising since lilo.conf
> says "image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.2.5-15."  I changed that line to read,
> "image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.0.36" but then I get an error when I run
> /sbin/lilo that that file doesn't exist.  So what do I do here?  Do I
> copy my Slink kernel to /usr/src on the Redhat side?

Try mounting the slink partition (e.g. as /mnt/slink) and changing the
slink image line to something like "image=/mnt/slink/boot/vmlinuz-2.0.36"

I've never tried this myself, but it should work. Even if it doesn't
work, it won't hurt anything to try.

--
  finger for GPG public key.
  29 Nov 1999 - new email address added to gpg key