Re: Slink, Redhat, Windows boot from lilo?

Brad wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 05, 1999 at 04:57:12PM -0600, ktb wrote:
> >
> > Brad wrote:
> > >
> > > On Sun, Dec 05, 1999 at 11:46:46AM -0600, ktb wrote:
> [[[SNIP]]]

> > > Try mounting the slink partition (e.g. as /mnt/slink) and changing the
> > > slink image line to something like "image=/mnt/slink/boot/vmlinuz-2.0.36"
> > >
> > > I've never tried this myself, but it should work. Even if it doesn't
> > > work, it won't hurt anything to try.
> >
> > Well I tried adding that line and it didn't work.  When I boot into
> > Slink off the HD it set me up with the Redhat kernel, not my custom
> > Slink kernel.  This is the error I got when I ran lilo after the change
> > in /etc/lilo.conf:
> >
> > Added redhat *
> > Added 95
> > open /mnt/slink/boot/vmlinuz-2.0.36 No such file or directory.
>
> Did you remember to mount the slink partition under /mnt/slink (i.e.
> "mkdir /mnt/slink; mount -t ext2 /dev/hdb3 /mnt/slink")? Can you look in
> there and find the proper path for the kernal image file?

Ok I already changed the mbr back to windows default and reran lilo from
Slink and now I boot directly into Slink on startup.  I'm not entirely
sure what your getting at here but I've reversed this and did,
 "mkdir /mnt/redhat;  mount -t ext2 /dev/hdb1 /mnt/redhat"
After cding to /mnt/redhat I found directory /boot and inside is
"vmlinux-2.2.5-15."  So if I get you correctly you are saying to put the
following in my lilo.conf,

image=/mnt/redhat/boot/vmlinuz-2.2.5-15
     lable=redhat
     root=/dev/hdb1

Now to make this all work after running lilo do I have to put something
like the following line in my /etc/fstab?

/dev/hdb1  /mnt/redhat ext2   defaults,errors=remount-ro 0 1

Thanks,
kent