Re: Slink, Redhat, Windows boot from lilo?

On Sun, Dec 05, 1999 at 04:57:12PM -0600, ktb wrote:

> Brad wrote:
> >
> > On Sun, Dec 05, 1999 at 11:46:46AM -0600, ktb wrote:
[[[SNIP]]]

> > > As it is I can boot to all three os's but the kernel I have compiled for
> > > Slink is 2.0.36.  When I boot from lilo into Slink at this point it
> > > doesn't boot my custom kernel, which is not surprising since lilo.conf
> > > says "image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.2.5-15."  I changed that line to read,
> > > "image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.0.36" but then I get an error when I run
> > > /sbin/lilo that that file doesn't exist.  So what do I do here?  Do I
> > > copy my Slink kernel to /usr/src on the Redhat side?
> >
> > Try mounting the slink partition (e.g. as /mnt/slink) and changing the
> > slink image line to something like "image=/mnt/slink/boot/vmlinuz-2.0.36"
> >
> > I've never tried this myself, but it should work. Even if it doesn't
> > work, it won't hurt anything to try.
>
> Well I tried adding that line and it didn't work.  When I boot into
> Slink off the HD it set me up with the Redhat kernel, not my custom
> Slink kernel.  This is the error I got when I ran lilo after the change
> in /etc/lilo.conf:
>
> Added redhat *
> Added 95
> open /mnt/slink/boot/vmlinuz-2.0.36 No such file or directory.

Did you remember to mount the slink partition under /mnt/slink (i.e.
"mkdir /mnt/slink; mount -t ext2 /dev/hdb3 /mnt/slink")? Can you look in
there and find the proper path for the kernal image file?

--
  finger for GPG public key.
  29 Nov 1999 - new email address added to gpg key