Re: Lynx Problems

Doug Young writes:
> yes .... I can ping one of my server DNS numbers (located about 25Km
> away) without trouble but not the other one.  Both DNS numbers are listed
> in /etc/ppp/options

What gave you the idea you should put your ISP's DNS numbers in
/etc/ppp/options?  Have you been reading the PPP-HOWTO or something?
You should not need to make any changes to /etc/ppp/options.

Your ISP's DNS numbers belong in /etc/resolv.conf, like this:

nameserver 123.456.789.234
nameserver 234.567.890.123

If you are unable to ping one of the numbers it is probably wrong.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)