Re: Lynx Problems

Hi,

On Tue, Jul 20, 1999 at 01:18:55PM +1000, Doug Young wrote:
> Does anyone know of a real basic web browser thats simple
> to setup & configure. I am fast running out of patience with lynx
> due to its virtually useless documentation and excessively complicated
> config file.

Hmmm...
lynx.cfg is not excessively complicated it's "Feature Rich" ;)

Seriously what are you trying to get lynx to do that it won't?

Some high points most user configurations can be set from within lynx using "Options" by default bound to the "o" key.  Help is "?" and "k" gives the full list of key bindings.

Specific questions will get specific answers, but specificly lynx is the most featureful and stable browser I know (IMHO), its the only one I've found for linux besides netscape that will handle frames for one thing ...

Long post short:
Lynx good
Learning curve steep
If you've got problems s.o. here has a solution (probably)

HTH,
Jon

--
Email: jon@osfn.org