Re: Netscape crashing -- a lot.

> Anyway, the problem is that Netscape is quite frequently crashing with a
> "bus error."  This usually happens when I close a Netscape window
> (actually, it happens close to half the time when I close a Netscape
> window), which is painful because I have to either live with an
> ever-growing number of pop-up ads or risk a crash.  Netscape also
> crashes when I run very low on virtual memory, with the same error.

i'm having this problem as well.  it started when i upgraded to netscape
4.6.  reverting to libc5 4.51 fixed it but when 4.61 came out with support
for glibc2.1 i upgraded and i haven't been able to fix it since.  i've tried
un/stable 4.5, 4.51, 4.6 and 4.61 and they all break.  all of my netscape
windows disappear (sometimes) when i close a window or try to login to an
site which requires authentication (pop up window style).

i was trying to find a pattern among the info people posted but couldn't
really see one.  did anyone else figure this out?

- p2-266 128mb ram
- kernel 2.2.9
- glibc 2.1.1-13
- xfree 3.3.1 (vmware 3.3.1 server)
- windowmaker 0.60.0-2
- neomagic nmg5

if anyone has figured anything out i would love to know the solution.

thanks,
adam.