Re: Lynx Problems

>> "Doug" == Doug Young <dougy@gargoyle.apana.org.au> wrote:

Doug> a mammoth job since I'm not aware of any way to find files with html
Doug> extensioins other than open every directory one by one to see whats in it. I

find /usr/doc/ -name "*.html"
locate .html

Doug> don't know whether or not its doing that correctly though since
Doug> it only shows html files as the text version of html (with all
Doug> the funny tags everywhere)

This looks wrong. It shouldn't do this for files with .html extension.

>> This suggests a problem with your internet connection:
>> is your connection up when you try this?

Doug> yes .... I can ping one of my server DNS numbers (located about
Doug> 25Km away) without trouble but not the other one.  Both DNS
Doug> numbers are listed in /etc/ppp/options

Oh, this just sets the DNS server for computer dialing into your box,
not if you dial out to your ISP.

/etc/resolv.conf is the file to edit

domain netcologne.de
nameserver 194.8.194.70