Re: [SuSE Linux] What DO you lose with Linux ???

On Sun, Jul 04, 1999 at 02:49:57AM +0100, Mark Brown wrote:

> Oh, indeed - the signature placement is just plain wrong,

I'm pretty sure it encourages no .sig delimiters too - you have to
insert your own, and even then it strips the trailing space.

> and the quote
> line is bad too (although not insurmontable, and more informative than
> some).

*boggle*

> It just seems silly to pull it up for faults that don't exist
> (and this cursor placment seems to be the favourite) when there are so
> many real ones to complain about.

The only problem I had with OU4 was instability. OU5 was still
more unstable, and forced me to work out how to configure exim,
mutt and vim (for which I'm grateful :-).

> > > Which also starts you off at the top.
>
> > I wouldn't know, I'm perfectly happy with mutt and vim (which also
> > starts off at the top).
>
> How can you live without the wellspring of informed and reasoned
> discussion that is Usenet?!

I sort of gave up Usenet when I got a Real Life. Sad, but I've
just not got any time to read flame wars on comp.sys.acorn.*
anymore.

I do have slrn installed and ready just in case my girlfriend
dumps me, though ;-)
--
alisdair mcdiarmid               alisdair@letdown.demon.co.uk
[your home may be at risk if you do not keep up repayments on