Re: Can't Mount a Zip Drive

> In a message dated 2/13/99 1:44:40 PM Central Standard Time,
> AlexanderTheGreat@ibm.net writes:
>
> > I can't mount my zip drive.  It is a scsi zip drive and I think my isa-to-
> > scsi host adapter is working. During boot I get these lines (among others
> > ofcourse):
> >
> >  "scsi : 0 hosts.
> >  scsi : detected total."

The isa-to-scsi adapter that comes with the scsi zip drive is an adaptec
152x.  You have to pass that to the linux kernel, like

LILO: linux aha152x=0x140,12

Assuming your ISA scsi card is at 0x140, irq 12.  Note if you have a PS/2
mouse, you need to rejumper the card to use a different irq (like 10).
And whether you use 0x140 or 0x340 is also determined by the jumper on the
card.

Once you have the right parameters, you can add it to /etc/lilo.conf with
the line

append="aha152x=0x140,12"

make sure to run /usr/sbin/lilo after modifying lilo.conf.

Steve