More help needed!

Hello Friends,

With the help of some of you, I have solved some problems but I am
encountering ever more new problems. Here is the description of my system:

I installed Red Hat package on my Pentium 200 MMX from local cdrom.

A few days ago I installed Debian from scratch package by package on 486
with EGA and no CD-rom.

The Red-hat problem:
===================

"mount -t msdos /dev/fd0 /mnt" returns NFS character-set not found
nfs_ch(......) but does mount the floppy alright despite this message.

"mount /dev/cdrom" returns "/dev/hdc not fount at /etc/fstab or /etc/mtab".
What is this /dev/hdc? My fstab entry for cdrom looks like this:

/dev/cdrom	/mnt/cdrom 	is09660  noauto,ro.....

I have dev/cdrom device and /mnt/cdrom directory but still it looks for
/dev/hdc somewhere.

Other problems: too many, I will send tomorrow, it's 4:00 am here. Gotta
sleep!

Thanks!