Re: STTY and CRT

On Mon, Jan 25, 1999 at 12:47:04AM +1100, Hamish Moffatt wrote:

> Same here. I just maximised my CRT window (I'm using 2.3 right now)
> and mutt adjusted correctly. And same when I restored it.

Yes I know this should happen. You can have a million people say its OK
here, indeed mine used to be under 1.3.1 ?

But mine *IS* broken, and I am not looking to form a list of people where it
is not. I am looking (asking) what controls it, so I can look towards
repairing mine. But so far no-one has made any suggestion at all!

The man at the garage doesn't say that everyone else's car is OK does he
when you take yours there cus it's fucked..., he locates and solves the
problem?

So why have a million people mailed me with "mine's OK" ? Please stop
sending them, it doesn't help me one bit.

If no one can suggest which package I mighy purge and re-intsall to try and
solve this, then don't bother answering...pleeeeeeeese !

Or shall I start answering every bloody mail I read in Debian-user with
"Mine works OK" too.

> > What's your terminal setting in CRT?  I use vt220 + ASNI color..
>
> VT100 + ANSI color here also works fine.

Works fine, works fine, works fine !

I have tried every terminal type known, both in CRT and by 'export TERM' to
whatever in Linux. But no joy.

CRT incidentally is OK to other non Debian 2.0 boxes. This *IS* a Debian 2.0
thing here, and NOT CRT. This *CAN* be made to work by manually setting the
Rows and Columns with STTY.... But that is tedious and a piss off.

I will ask one final time. Does anyone know what package might be hosed,
what is worth purging and re-installing. What package might be worth
downgrading etc ! Cus I have no idea.

Please please, *NO* mails to say "Mines OK" - suggestions only??????

BTW, mail me direct, cus I am unsubscribing from this list NOW, it isn't
helping at all solve this, sick and tired of "Mine works OK".

Debian 1.3.1 was the dogs bollocks, but I have had one problem after another
with Debian 2.0, I ask on here for help, but just get a shit load of of
Mine works OK mails. Like great help - Shhsssssh!

IS it really too much to ask for some Debian Guru to suggest which package
controls all this, and which package might be hosed. Which package I might
purge, which package I might re-install.

I know I am repeating myself, but hopfeully the message will sink in, I
DON'T want to know if it works on YOUR system, I want to solve the problem
on my own !

I know I am repeating myself, but hopfeully the message will sink in, I
DON'T want to know if it works on YOUR system, I want to solve the problem
on my own !

I know I am repeating myself, but hopfeully the message will sink in, I
DON'T want to know if it works on YOUR system, I want to solve the problem
on my own !

It works just great here too under 1.3.1, but how the fuck do I downgrade
2.0 back to 1.3.1, not easy isit !

Cheers

--
Nidge Jones