Re: STTY and CRT

On Sun, 24 Jan 1999, Nidge Jones wrote:

[ snip ]

 : The man at the garage doesn't say that everyone else's car is OK does he
 : when you take yours there cus it's fucked..., he locates and solves the
 : problem?
 :
 : So why have a million people mailed me with "mine's OK" ? Please stop
 : sending them, it doesn't help me one bit.

[ snip ]

 : BTW, mail me direct, cus I am unsubscribing from this list NOW, it isn't
 : helping at all solve this, sick and tired of "Mine works OK".
 :
 : Debian 1.3.1 was the dogs bollocks, but I have had one problem after another
 : with Debian 2.0, I ask on here for help, but just get a shit load of of
 : Mine works OK mails. Like great help - Shhsssssh!

Ah, but you never asked that!  Your emails to date have read like this:

"Hey, my system's all FUBAR and I'm pissed off.  You jerks at Debian
hosed it up - *I* didn't do it.  Fix it now or I'll really be pissed"

Well excuse me, but that attitude seems a bit ass backwards :)

There is a dpkg command to reinstall all currently installed packages,
but I'll be damned if I can remember what it is ...

Sorry my tech support isn't quite up to your expectations.  I'll be sure
to return your money.

--
Nathan Norman
MidcoNet  410 South Phillips Avenue  Sioux Falls, SD