Re: configuring sound (easy?)

> | I'm running 2.0.36 on i386, and have a SoundBlaster AWE 64 plugged into
> | it, which is unconfigured.

> If you can't figure things out from the HOWTOs (Marcus Brinkmann has
> written a fine SB 32 HOWTO) I'm sure there are plenty of people on
> this list who have a working SB AWE 64 (me included :-) and can help you.

   I also have a SB-64 (ISA) which is unconfigured.  I've read Marcus' HOWTO
and the only thing I can get my SB to do is to emit a high-pitched,
mind-numbing squeal.

   What I'm sort of lost on is the driver issue (I didn't see that in the
HOWTO).  I'm running a customized Debian kernel and I loaded the SB-64 driver
that is also a *.deb.  I installed that, set my SB-64 settings in "make
menuconfig" (those settings are about as clear as mud; exactly which ones do
we need?) but only get the above results.  This is an area where configuration
is a big problem.  Any pointers/help would be greatly appreciated.

--
 Regards,                | Why would anyone want to run an operating
 .                       | system that is open source and is developed