linux in the workplace

I have the opportunity to introduce linux into my company, completely
replacing the very flaky windows 95 system that we currently use.

Their primary software is Paradox and FileMaker Pro 4.0. As far as I can
make out, the other needs of the system are trivial (word perfect,
networking, internet connectivity, etc.). But for the database programs, the
need is for a graphical, form-based system of data-entry; label generation;
and other standard features. Easy scripting and extensibility would be a
definite plus.

Ideally, I would set up the system on my laptop, bring it in, and show them
how much better it is than what we currently use. So the look and feel must
be at least as good as what we currently use, in order to have a chance at
all.

The basic system I am planning on will be Debian/KDE, since I use Debian
myself, and find KDE to be most similar in appearance to ms-windows (no
insult intended to KDE).

Zack