Re: configuring sound (easy?)

*-graz@mindless.com

| I'm running 2.0.36 on i386, and have a SoundBlaster AWE 64 plugged into
| it, which is unconfigured.
|
| I used to use Red Hat, which came with a rather neat little utility
| called soundconfig (I think) that was capable of automatically helping
| you install a module for soundblaster compatible cards. It was rather
| neat. It loaded the module and put the right DMA/IO bits and pieces in
| /etc/conf.modules for you.
|
| I was just wondering if Debian had a similar tool? If not I'd better
| dig the Sound HOWTO out and start reading, I suppose :(

No such tool :-(

If you can't figure things out from the HOWTOs (Marcus Brinkmann has
written a fine SB 32 HOWTO) I'm sure there are plenty of people on
this list who have a working SB AWE 64 (me included :-) and can help you.

--
The only way tcsh "rocks" is when the rocks are attached to its feet
in the deepest part of a very deep lake.             (Linus Torvalds)