Re: Networking Newbie

El Fri, 06 Nov 1998, ivan escribió:

>When trying to install the ne (NE-2000 Ethernet Controllers) module using
>the setup programme I am told that "/lib/modules/2.0.34/net/ne.o:
>init_module: Device or resource busy <new line> Installation failed."

¿Have you checked the interrupt settings in your card? I had a similar problem
and happened to be an interrupt conflict whith ttyS.
It is likely that your card is software-configurable. If so, you'd probably
have to boot in DOS with a floppy and then run the setup program that came
with the card. If this is the situation, maybe IRQ 5 and address 0x300 would
be safe settings.

Regards,

Roberto Ripio
rripio@ctv.es