Networking Newbie

Hi All,

I am currently trying to install Debian on a second computer which will be
connected via a 10Mb ethernet connection to my main Debian computer (excuse
me using Windows at the moment tho' :) )

There is a NE2000 ethernet board installed which is cabled to a Soho Basic
Hub205 hub.

When trying to install the ne (NE-2000 Ethernet Controllers) module using
the setup programme I am told that "/lib/modules/2.0.34/net/ne.o:
init_module: Device or resource busy <new line> Installation failed."

There is no network traffic and I have tried disconnecting the cable (RJ45)
from the hub but get the same message.

I first tried installing the module without explicitly loading the 8390
module and then again after explicitly loading the module.

Any ideas why this is happening please ???