Trying to recover data from messed up MSDOS floppy

We saved some important data from one of our experiments to a floppy
in one of our digital oscilliscopes.  The o'scope can write to MSDOS
formatted floppies only.  I usually then copy the data over to my Debian
machine for processing.  However, this floppy turned out to have some
bad areas (mostly in the FAT region of the disk).  I was wondering if
there is a disk editor in Linux (which I would probably trust more than
letting Norton mess with my disk)?  Any suggestions?

Thanks for any assistance,

Paul Rightley