Available packages

I screwed things up.  I wanted to install E on my system but didn't want to go
the long route of finding every single file I did to update so I downloaded
chunks of slink with the package file and used the mounted option.  I had
previously installed from using the mountable option and merging the 3
Cheapbytes CD package files using dpkg -merge-avail (worked great!).  Now when I
try to use the mountable option to install I get a list that includes the slink
packages.  I tried using dpkg -clear-avail but that didn't work. Any ideas?

Thanks
Cristov Russell
Cristov@earthling.net