Re: dselect missing ftp option

On: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 10:48:59 -0500 JonesMB  writes:

> Thanks for the responses to my request.  It turns out that I needed
> to add the dpkg-ftp package.  Is it possible to upgrade/update
> individual packages on 1.3 systems or any upgrades that have to done
> must be preceded by the 1.3 -> 2.0 upgrade.  I ask because I am
> trying to get tcpdump but the only one I see is the one that
> requires libc6.  Does that mean that the libc5-built packages are no
> longer available for download.  The ftp sites I use are the one at
> Michigan and the ftp.debian.org site.

I just updated a poor 1.3.1 system to 2.0 using a single program: apt.
You can download a bo-version at:

	http://www.debian.org/~jgg/

look for the file with bo in its name.  After that you can choose from
two different ways.  Either use the apt method in dselect or run the
apt-get command manually.  Just configure the /etc/apt/sources.list
and execute these commands:

apt-get update
apt-get dist-upgrade

I was able to update to 2.0 without even rebooting the computer.

You can find more information about this at http://bhmit1.home.ml.org/deb/faq

	Torsten