Re: Filter for printer Canon bjc-4100..............

On Wed, 29 Jul 1998, phillip Neumann wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have a question about (my) printer. To print postscript i installed
> the magicfilter package and select the filter for canon bjc-600. It
> works fine. The only problem is that i have a canon 4100, and comparing
> with win95, that have the right filter, in linux, its much more slowly
> and cannot print in colors....
>
> Where can i get a filter for canon bjc-4100 ????
>
> I have try with apsfilter, but it even dont have a filter for canon
> 600...

I use magicfilter with a bjc-4300, and it works like a charm. It's not
slower than under windows (although I don't use that that much), and it
prints in color. I don't remember having done anything special for that,
other than making sure I have the non-free gs installed (gs-aladdin 5.10-9).

Maarten

| TU Delft, The Netherlands, Faculty of Information Technology and Systems  |
|                   Department of Electrical Engineering                    |
|           Computer Architecture and Digital Technique section             |
|                          M.Boekhold@et.tudelft.nl                         |