Linux vs. Windows

Hi, I use win95 and I tried Linux once and couldn't even load a
program.  I'm not very experienced with other OSes.  Since then I've
never tried it.  I'm thinking of upgrading to win98 and got to thinking
about Linux again.  Is there a way for both of these OSes to work on my
machine, so I could tinker with Linux and keep my job as well
(webmaster).  You know if you could make the installation process a
little more streamlined like that of commerecial company's and then
start with a very simple GUI instead of the DOS-like command line, it
might be a little easier for it to be adopted like the windows world.  I
think more people would try it, but they might be scared of it.  I
consider myself well-endowed with computers, but I look at Linux and I
just freak.  Any info?
Thanks