Re: auctex not happening

> > .emacs file.  I believe this qualifies as a Debian bug (for the auctex
> > package?).
>
> AFAIK it is not. AUCTeX is separate package for Emacs, and there is
> "native"(?) tex-mode in Emacs. In other words, if someone wants to use
> AuCTeX, she/he should put require tex-site in .emacs.

The fact that someone is installing AUCTeX would suggest to me that
they probably want "require tex-site" in their .emacs.  So either
this should be done automatically, or probably even better, the configure
script should prompt the user, asking them if they want this done.

The thing that annoyed me is that AUCTeX was working on my bo system, but
after upgrading it stopped working.  So either upgrading AUCTeX or
upgrading emacs changed "require tex-site" so that it was commented
out in my .emacs script.

Cheers,

Mark.