Re: auctex not happening

Noel Yap <ivy1@cornell.edu> writes:

> .emacs file.  I believe this qualifies as a Debian bug (for the auctex
> package?).

AFAIK it is not. AUCTeX is separate package for Emacs, and there is
"native"(?) tex-mode in Emacs. In other words, if someone wants to use
AuCTeX, she/he should put require tex-site in .emacs.

BTW: AuCTeX provides LaTeX-mode, not latex-mode. Perhaps it is enough
to put in latex files:

% Mode: LaTeX

or something similar. I can't remember now, as I grab new latex files
from my templates, so I don't write such things very often.

Bilbo.