can't seem to get internalmodem running

Hey there everyone,

I am a bit new to the linux thing, and I seem to be having some trouble
locating my modem.  It is an internal 33.6 cardinal voice modem, and it
uses com3 on my win95 setup.  Being an internal com port, I don't think
it was configured when I added the serial ports to the kernel on
installation, and the /dev system on unic/linux is taking some getting
used to.

If any of you have any suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated,
as copying .deb files to floppy in win95 then installing them in linux
really sucks, but until I can find my modem, I can't grab anything while
in linux.  Also, I have the minicom program ( I think that is what it is
called, so until I get the net tools and the ppp going, this should do.
So basically I just need to find which of the dev choices is my modem,
and if it is even on that list.

Thanks in advance,

Rob Hanson
hansonra@eosc.osshe.edu