Re: can't seem to get internalmodem running

Rob Hanson wrote:

> I am a bit new to the linux thing, and I seem to be having some
> trouble locating my modem.  It is an internal 33.6 cardinal voice
> modem, and it uses com3 on my win95 setup.

You need to use the 'setserial' command to tell the system about your
modem.  You should be able to convince Windoze to tell you the IRQ and
base address of the card; you'll need this for setserial.

> If any of you have any suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated,
> as copying .deb files to floppy in win95 then installing them in linux
> really sucks, but until I can find my modem, I can't grab anything
> while in linux.

Assuming that you don't swap hard drives, you should be able to simply
mount the Windoze partition under Linux, and forget about floppies.

         | Technical Support Engineer, Cyclades Corporation   |
         | 800/88-CYCLADES (882-9252) or (510)770-9727, x258  |
         | Maker of High Performance Multiport Serial Cards   |
         | Unsolicited mail ads subject to a $25 handling fee |