Re: can't seem to get internalmodem running

Hi Rob --
If your modem is on COM3, then it is referred to as /dev/cua2 during boot-up
and as /dev/ttyS2 for most operations thereafter.  If you are trying to get
it to work at high speed, then I think what you need to do is to change
a line in /etc/rc.boot/0setserial.  I suspect you have a line which
looks like this:

${SETSERIAL} -b /dev/cua2 ${AUTO_IRQ} skip_test autoconfig ${STD_FLAGS}

If so, you need to change it to this:
${SETSERIAL} -b /dev/cua2 ${AUTO_IRQ} skip_test autoconfig ${STD_FLAGS} spd_vhi

Or you could be more brute-force about it and simply do this:
${SETSERIAL} -b /dev/cua2 irq 4 skip_test autoconfig ${STD_FLAGS} spd_vhi

HTH,
Susan Kleinmann