Re: post-release package update policy

> What should our policy be with regard to adding, replacing,
> and updating packages under the debian-0.93 tree after the
> release?

I would like to see the Official 0.93 + patches option myself.

We could rank patches to 0.93 as essential and optional.

And, if we have the disk space on the ftp sites could we provide a
patched distribution?

Thus we have the following,

     essential     - security and basic functionality related
     recommended   - software updates only

I think that having no fixed target is too much of a confusion in
the long run.

So, which alternative?  BOTH! :-)

Guy R. Thomas,                                       guy@ali.bc.ca
Customer Support and Service Representative
A.L.I. Technologies Ltd.,                 (NeXT Mail accepted here)
95-10551 Shellbridge Way, Richmond, BC,
Canada V6X 2W9   Phone: (604) 279-5422 x.314 Fax:   (604) 279-5468