Re: When to upgrade?

Lauri Tischler writes:

>> Is there any reason to upgrade to a later version of a package if the
>> only thing that has changed is the "package release number"?
>                                      ??????????????????????
>Huh ????  There MUST be some change in the package other than the
>release number.  Why to change only the number ???

Well I think I've seen change announcements to the effect that the
only thing being changed is the maintainer...

The best way to do it is to follow the announcements of uploads and
upgrade a package when you see an announcement of a change which you
think is worthwhile.  Many of these announcements have a `priority'
field.

--
Richard Kettlewell  richard@uk.geeks.org  http://www.elmail.co.uk/staff/richard/