Re: new lmodern package

Hi,

Frank Küster <frank@debian.org> wrote:

> I don't know whether ths is policy compliant - instead I think the
> license text *must* be in the copyright file.  I suggest to rename the

But this is what is always done with the GPL. The whole license text is
*never* copied in debian/copyright!

> copyright file to copyright.Debian and generate the copyright file in
> debian/rules by
>
> cat debian/copyright.Debian doc/fonts/lm/GUST-FONT-SOURCE-LICENSE.txt > debian/copyright

That would be a possibility, but I am still not convinced it is required.

>>   - I see no other reference to the GNU GPL than the following two lines
>>     in debian/copyright:
>>
>>     On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be
>>     found in `/usr/share/common-licenses/GPL'.
>>
>>     therefore I think they should be dropped now.
>
> What licensing do we choose for the Debian packaging part?  Even if we
> think that it's currently not original enough to be copyrightable, we
> should decide on this now.  Especially if we're going to suggest lmodern
> as the reference implementation of a TeX font package.

I forgot about that part. The license of the Debian packaging is already
mentioned in the copyright file, and is GPL v2. I didn't notice it
because I grepped for GPL and not GNU General Public License...

Well, we could simply move the two sentences where there are really
useful, i.e. just below the stanza about the Debian packaging.

--
Florent