Re: new lmodern package

Florent Rougon wrote:

> But this happens only if the Map (currently MixedMap) lines in the
> replacement .cfg files are uncommented by the user. If the user
> uncomments the line with lm-rep-cmtext.map in 10lmodern-cm.cfg, it means
> he wants LM used in place of CM, doesn't it? I'd say even when using PK
> fonts, and even when dvipsPreferOutline is false. My reasoning is that
> when uncommenting the line, the user means: "I want LM used whenever CM
> should be used". Maybe you think he means instead "I want LM used
> whenever CM-Type 1 should be used"?

How about not including these map files into the updmap.cfg snippets at
all? IMO using LM instead of CM (or one of its variants) is highly
experimental. I would leave such experiments to people who know what
they are doing.

Disclaimer: In the past I have argued against using LM together with CM
metrics at all. I can't claim to have changed my mind. ;-)

cheerio
ralf