Re: new lmodern package

On Mit, 08 Feb 2006, Frank Küster wrote:
> After a short look, it seems to me as if this is exactly what one can
> expect.  This file was not under dpkg control previously, now it is, and
> consequently we get the "created by a script" message which is totally
> correct.
>
> I see two ways around that.  The first is to remove the file in preinst
> if it is unchanged (md5sum check etc.), this will make dpkg happy in
> normal cases, otherwise the message is only slightly wrong and should be
> "changed by you" instead of "created".  The second is ucf.

What about the following idea:

a) /etc/texmf/updmap.d/10lmodern.cfg exists
  - if the file was unchanged, remove it
  - if the file is changed, only add a magic header

b) /etc/texmf/updmap.d/10lmodern.cfg does not exist
  - the SAVED_CONFIG_FILE exists, ie if the
     old lmodern was removed but not purged:
	- if SAVED_CONFIG_FILE is the same as the original CONFIG_FILE
	  remove it
	- if SAVED_CONFIG_FILE was changed
	  move it to the right /etc/texmf/updmap.d/ location, and
	  add a magic header
  - also SAVED_CONFIG_FILE is missing
    (the user has deleted the updmap.d config file)
    create the same updmap.d config file as in the new package, but
    with all Map items commented out

Comments?

THROCKING (participial vb.)
The action of continually pushing down the lever on a pop-up toaster
in the hope that you will thereby get it to understand that you want
it to toast something. Also: a style of drum-playing favoured by Nigel
Olsson of the Elton John Band, reminiscent of the sound of someone
slapping a frankfurter against a bucket. An excellent example of this
is to be heard on 'Someone Save My Life Tonight' from the album
Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff