Re: new lmodern package

Ralf Stubner <ralf.stubner@physik.uni-erlangen.de> wrote:

> Frank Küster wrote:
>> Ralf Stubner <ralf.stubner@physik.uni-erlangen.de> wrote:

>>> Still? You had 0.99.3-0.1 and 0.99.3-0.2 before.
>>
>> If it's ready for an upload - has anybody tested upgrading from sarge?
>
> Not yet. But what 'sarge' do you mean? 'Real sarge' or 'sarge with teTeX
> 3.0'?

I meant real sarge, but it wouldn't hurt to try with backports, too.

> Sure. What I would like to know is how you think about not providing the
> links in the first place.
[...]
> I simply don't know if breaking a system in such a way is a good idea. I
> don't want lots of complaints now, but I also prefer cleaner solutions
> for the future ...

It would be better if we wouldn't break systems.  On the other hand,
lmodern is still declared as unstable and under development, and people
have been warned.  Therefore, in this case, I think we'd better break
compatibility than carry a Debian-specific compatibility hack through
the ages...

Debian Developer (teTeX)