Re: new lmodern package

Norbert Preining wrote:
> I have adapted the package to include the links and the additional map.
> As usual, all is on
> 	deb(-src) http://www.tug.org/texlive/Debian/ lmodern/
> version still 0.99.3-1

Still? You had 0.99.3-0.1 and 0.99.3-0.2 before.

>> One not so nice thing is that there are no TFM missmatch warnings. Hence
>> people will not get warned that they are using the old TFM names. This
>> makes it more difficult to remove those links at a later stage. What do
>> you think?
>
> IMHO forget it for now. Later on remove the links and who hasn't
> generated new dvi files - bad luck.

Well, I would at least include the (not activated) map file and a script
to create the links in TEXMFLOCAL. One could argue though, that one
should do only this /now/. Since people won't get sufficient warning
when using the old names, it might be better to let the system break and
tell them how to fix it. Opinions?

BTW, for the 'let it break and tell people what to do approach' it would
be nice if one option where 'install texlive-context and adjust
TEXMFDIST. Currently, it is not possible to do this since
texlive-context depends on

texlive-base | tetex-base, texlive-pdfetex, tex-common (>= 0.12),
texlive-metapost

Would it be possible to change this to

texlive-base | tetex-base, texlive-pdfetex | tetex-bin, tex-common (>=
0.12), texlive-metapost | tetex-bin

or does ConTeXt use features of the newer pdfTeX and MetaPost?

cheerio
ralf